Photo Rights are provided:
Who Are We
- To publishers for commercial use either for a fee; or in exchange for advertising or advertorial in their publications
- To Affiliated Organisations, business partners or students of ACS or affiliated colleges.
ACS is a college a publishing and educational business owned by the family of well known Australian author John Mason.
The organisation was established in 1979 and operates out of two administration centres, one in Australia and the other in the UK.
ACS Distance Education is a company registered in the UK (Company No 04624913)
First Napier St. Investments is a company in Australia trading as ACS (Company No. 066 249 476)
The principal business of ACS has been distance education, and the organisation conducts over 600 different courses, with a student population of around 4000.
Courses are also delivered under licence by a number of affiliates around the world.
John Mason and other staff at the school have been contracted to write and illustrate close to 200 publications (magazines and books), and have been supplying photos to publishers for over 20 years.
Our current staff include a team of IT experts and a number of professional photographers.
What Rights Are You Purchasing
When you buy a download of one or more photos from ACS, you are buying rights to publish the photo for commercial purposes electronically or in print.
This may include media such as the web, CD, DVD, e-books, printed books and periodicals, advertising literature, posters, etc.
You should read and agree to the following before downloading any image.
In purchasing one or more images from ACS, a legal agreement is being established between ACS and the purchaser of the image.
The purchaser is identified as the entity who uses the image.
- The image is protected by copyright under the laws of the United Kingdom, Australia and International Treaties beyond those countries.
- The image remains the property of the ACS companies in both Australia and the UK.
- Rights to use the image are licensed to the purchaser, not sold; and the purchaser may not redistribute rights, with the exemption of including it in as part of a complete publication which is being supplied under contract to a third party (eg. Authors who purchase rights to include a photo in a book or magazine article they are producing, may do so).
- Scope of Use: Any organisation which purchases rights may use and reuse the image within that organisation as much as they choose, and may copy and store up to 10 copies electronically for future use. You may not give away or resell images, but you may incorporate images into other product (eg. Publications) which you give away or sell.
- Warranty: ACS guarantees that images offered are not owned by anyone other than ACS.
- Liability: Where supply of an image is flawed due to fault on the part of ACS, ACS will provide either refund or re supply the image. ACS accepts no liability for loss, damage or misuse of images purchased.
Refunds are not considered after 14 days have passed.
You may either purchase specific individual photos or multiples of photos any of three different ways:
Individual Purchase Orders
Price per photo: $25 (or negotiated prices for multiple images)
These will give you access to use a specified maximum number of photos for a 3 month period.
Number of photos
Fee Charged per 3 month period ($AUD)
50 per 24 hour period
It may be possible to give you access to use photos for a three month period at a reduced rate in exchange for contra services provided to ACS.
Examples of how you might qualify for this service:
- By providing free advertising in a publication for ACS
- By providing copies of publications to ACS
Note: This service is designed primarily for magazine, book and newspaper publishers.